View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2024, 09:31 PM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
Thats sad.... Most all the good ones go. ALL THE CRAP STAYS!! (Gmail,yahoo which arent easy to sign up for)
I rather like the way Gmail works--reliable, simple interface, fast, no charge, useful free additional services. But, the closing of Skiff once again points out how important longevity is for your main email service. I would be very reluctant to use any free email address except from the huge ones like Google or Outlook.com, and even the latter one I don't have much faith in being around in say 10 years. Gmail is such a core part of Google it is hard to imagine it going away, but most of the others should be treated as temporary. Some will say you must use your own domain email and then you are set for life, but even then you have to have a plan for migrating your emails out or backing them up. And then what happens when you die if you want loved ones to still be able to access your domain email? Will someone be up to migrating your domain email to another provider if your email service shuts down?
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote