View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2018, 10:41 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsptlsnz View Post
Ok, this is where things get too messy for me.
I was hoping for a quick fix with filters.
There is no such thing as Rules or filters that fire at the time you hit Send on an email. If, however, you have a bunch of messages in the regular Sent folder that meet whatever conditions you choose, you can use a Search to select them, and then move them all to another folder of your choice. Actually, I have found my customers usually happy with a few Identities that handle high volume messages, combined with manually moving individual messages between folders when the volume does not justify setting up an Identity.

There is another approach that is possible, but quite tricky to set up successfully. It combines the use of auto BCC on all your Identities with regular Rules. The idea is that if a BCC delivers an email with a delivery address of <yourname>+SentFolderDelivery@fastmail.com, you can then combine detection of this x-Delivered-to and other conditions to handle storing in the correct folder. Before trying to implement this, ensure you are ready for an extended debugging session.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote