View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2017, 07:05 PM   #159
GoodbyeInJuly

Before I say goodbye, I'd like to first thank fastmail for the 10 years of service it has provided to me for free.

I would love to stay with fastmail and I would consider making a purchase if there was a plan for me, but since I am a trivial email user who only sends 3 or 4 mails per week you can't really expect me to pay for business based model subscriptions, I consider even basic to be for businesses. Also with the added discontinuation of the classic interface which is the only interface I like, that really doesn't encourage me to open up my wallet.

The only reason I would pay anything now is in order to say thanks and avoid the hastle of contacting my few friends, but I doubt that money would make it to the hands of the fastmail staff that started that loveable classic no frills just reliable good decent clean email. So since this new fastmail company doesn't care about the little personal email users anymore I guess my love for FM will also come to a sad end.

Really wish you would of found a way to keep the little guy and those that paid for lifetime email, surely killing off this small user base won't save much money or even gain much money from the few people that give in and start paying. Seems like a poor decision from where I am sitting but I don't know all the inside facts. Hope you had good reasons.

Goodbye and Good Luck.

P.S. It's nice to see some old webtv users still alive in this thread. Not having my fastmail email will be almost as sad as not having that LBB.
GoodbyeInJuly is offline   Reply With Quote