View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2020, 06:37 PM   #22
TenFour
Master of the @

If your filtering works for you, great! What I have found is it is just easier to triage emails myself by having them all arrive in the same place, the inbox, in chronological order instead of having to go through 30 different folders to see if there is any new mail coming in. Sure, some clue will tell you there are new emails in a folder, but then it requires at least one click to get there and one click to get back to the inbox. It is just more work for me. I frequently find that people and businesses I actually want to hear from have changed email addresses and/or email systems, so I don't think the return path would be very useful. Most clever spam and phishing is sent to one of my many correct email addresses. Actually, using Gmail it is very uncommon to see anything in my inbox that isn't a legitimate email. Yes, I delete a lot of marketing emails and notices, but those are things I do want to at least glance at and some are quite timely--someone has logged into my Gmail at such and such a time. I like to see those coming in.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote