View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2022, 01:53 PM   #3
ellentk
Essential Contributor

Thanks, BritTim. I wish there was a way to keep them. I'll go into more detail about what's happening and maybe there's something or in addition else to try.

Quite a few messages that are automatically forwarded to my fastmail account are suddenly not being delivered. I can see them on the other server and from the headers, it looks like they are being forwarded (although I'm waiting for that company's tech support to verify that) so I'm figuring that perhaps my fastmail spam filters are blocking them.

Why this suddenly started happening after being with fastmail for 14 years, I don't know. When I looked at my spam filter settings, which I haven't looked at in close to 14 years, I noticed a new setting: "Forwarding hosts." I added smtp.___.com (the ISP forwarding the messages) and that seemed to help somewhat.

I'm also wondering if the "personal spam filter" in my settings is my sieve script and if so, or if not, is there a way to get into my sieve script or see if I have one, and modify it? Then I can remove any servers the undelivered email passes through and see if that will help.

I've been waiting for a higher level of fastmail support to get back to me but in the meantime I figured I'd try some troubleshooting on my own.
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote