View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2022, 09:52 PM   #589
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
I dont like MXROUTE... In the last few months they wont let me send SMS TO MOBILE...

I send to number@vtext.com or @mms.att.net and I get a bounce back saying "EMAIL to SMS is not allowed on our platform"

I guess they think we are all bad
One spam message goes out to AT&T. Here’s the result:

Every single one of our customers cannot send ANY email to ANY user at Yahoo, AT&T, or any of their sub-brands for 2 weeks while I personally negotiate the end of the war.

Same thing with Verizon but worse. I had to negotiate with the CEO’s team for weeks and outsource all email to every brand they even arguably own in the meantime. Why? One customer’s email account was compromised for 15 minutes. Now consider that 5-10 email accounts are compromised every day because users can’t stop reusing bad passwords. I catch them, but you can thank my policy for it not causing you to not be able to send any email to AOL, Yahoo, Verizon, AT&T, etc for 2 weeks after each one.

I made the right call. Text messages are highly regulated and the regulations vary by region. There's a reason Twilio exists and it's not just because people don't know about email to SMS. If I have to trade the 3 customers (out of over 14,000 direct, tons more indirect) who want to use it to keep my business plan intact, definitely the right call. It's not the hill I'll be dying on, the numbers just don't support it and I'm not in the SMS market.

There are reasons that these big companies charge what they do. Refusing to mirror their business model is one of my primary goals. Sometimes that means I have to lose less than 10 customers for a choice that protects thousands or more customers, while protecting my business strategy. Most of those customers came to me specifically because of my business strategy so it's not just about what I want. Trading quite literally one use case for exactly 3 users (I'm actually serious about that figure) due to the excessive cost of dealing with that use case is, frankly, an easy choice to make.

Last edited by jarland : 22 Apr 2022 at 10:44 PM.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote