View Single Post
Old 2 May 2022, 04:20 PM   #5
Culmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
Do you have more than one iOS device using the FM mail app?

Updated while post #3 was added:
The reason I ask is that before I switched to my present iPhone (13pro, iOS 15.4.1) I had a old iPhone 5s. When I got the new phone part of the initial process was to clone the old 5s phone to the new phone. So both have the FM app (never use the Apple iOS Mail app). I still keep the the old phone "alive" (albeit it uses IOS 12.5.5, and why keep it up I don't know). I discovered there appears be some condition (can't quite narrow it down exactly) where if I open FM on the 5s when there are unread messages in the inbox (badge is displayed) I can get the new phone into a state where new messages arriving in the inbox do not cause the badge on the new iPhone app to update or stay in sync with the old phone. The old phone's FM notification badges continue to update properly.

I would think the notifications badge count should be solely local to the the app on the phone it's running on. But there appears to be some kind of interference and I am not quite sure of the pattern to enable/disable that state (which is why I never created a ticket). Last time it happened I "cured" it by reinstalling the FM app on the new phone (and redoing some of it's device specific settings). I haven't experimented for a while now since I don't want to go through trying to get it to behave again. I am careful to never open the FM app on the old phone. No reason anyhow. But for someone who has the FM app on more that one iOS device (e.g., iPad and iPhone) I can see this as a possible annoying problem unless what I am seeing is only local to me because one FM is running under an old iOS version and the other on the current iOS version (another reason I haven't bothered creating a ticket).

Anyhow, for me there is some kind of interaction between the two FM apps which is why I am asking if you use FM on more than one iOS device.
Thanks xyzzy

I did two tests
1) I put my iPhone into airplane mode and tried sending a test message which went to a folder , no notification on the iPad.
2) I deleted the fastmail iPad app and turned airplane mode back on the iPhone, then sent another test message. No notification one the iPhone .

The fastmail app on my iPhone often gives me a "waiting icon" which lasts for quite a white so I stopped using it.
Culmore is offline   Reply With Quote