View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2017, 04:28 AM   #69
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony17112acst View Post
A different Comcast tech call me today and said that freeohstia is on a blacklist so thats why comcast isn't sending the messages to them. But thanks to you guys on here I told him that typically blacklists are for RECEIVING emails, not for the sending (Comcast). So he said he'll do more research and call back on Tuesday.
Well, like I said, it's not impossible for it to be a blacklist problem if Comcast has made some policy decision not to send to mail servers that are on blacklists, but this would be a very unusual policy on their part. I've never known anybody to do this, and I can't see any logical reason to do so.

Further, 50Webs' mail server is not on a blacklist, and when you tried to send email from your Comcast.net address to there, that also failed.

Quote:
Another brainstorming thought: Comcast's SMPT emails don't attempt to hand off the emails to freehostia (Comcast admits this and Freehostia support claims no log entries). But I can browse to my website at freehostiaa just fine using Comcast's connection ...so does that prove it's not a routing issue with Comcast? thanks!
It's difficult to say. You're correct that it would seem to suggest it's not an issue at the router, but there could still be an IP-level communication from Comcast's mail servers specifically, and Comcast is also such a large network that it's possible web traffic is routed or handled differently from e-mail traffic.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote