View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2018, 08:16 AM   #8
TenFour
Master of the @

I haven't used Zoho enough to comment, though I did try it briefly. I wasn't convinced their deliverability, security, and reliability are good enough for my everyday use. I do think they offer a lot for the money though. As far as I can tell with file sharing on Gmail and Outlook.com there is no danger of anyone being able to access your email--only the files you are sharing. I understand the anxiety disorder as I assist someone who suffers from this. I have gradually shifted him to mainly using Gmail and Google Docs for everything as it is very secure and unlikely to go down or have major problems, and having his documents instantly saved at all times without him having to do anything means he isn't worried about files getting lost. The next step will be to move him to a Chromebook, which will avoid anxiety about updates not happening, and many other security issues. Frankly, I think a Chromebook and Gmail are the best solution for 90% of ordinary people with ordinary needs, and avoid a huge number of problems while also costing less than just about any other solution.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote