View Single Post
Old 16 May 2020, 05:33 AM   #5
Grhm
Essential Contributor

...My reply:
Quote:
Thank you very much for the swift reply.

You say "we no longer offer the option of editing the domain portion of your email address from the compose screen".

That's fine by me.

I have no problem with that change, and I fully accept that you have good reasons for implementing it.

If that was the only change you had made, it wouldn't have inconvenienced me at all.

But you have also prevented me from editing the _subdomain_ portion of my address.

To say that has caused "some interruption to my workflow" is a gross understatement!

As I said, I have more than 600 different subdomains in use, so your suggested workaround - to add a separate sending identity for each subdomain - is insanely impractical.

Even if I had the time and patience to set up each one as a separate identity, a drop-down list of 600 identities would be a nightmare. It would be a positive hindrance to my workflow rather than a help!

I repeat that I have no need or desire to edit the domain portion of my address, and I fully accept your reasons for restricting the ability to do that.

But I can think of no reason to restrict a user's ability to edit the subdomain part of their own e-mail address.

I have tried setting up *@*.[mydomain].[tld] as a sending identity, but it is not accepted.

Not taking account of subdomains when implementing this change appears to be an oversight on the part of your developers.

Please raise it with them.

I'm sure I can't be the only person affected by this.

Many thanks,

Graham

Last edited by Grhm : 16 May 2020 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Minor typos
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote