View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2009, 08:32 PM   #10
SusanUKF
Intergalactic Postmaster

I really wish you the best of luck with getting this job, Malc. My husband has been on an extended lay-off since October 2008, and took a series of courses (6 full days of job hunting tips) offered by the Government for free in September, after all our benefits and Employment Insurance ran out. He is now just working for a temp agency on a temporary contract and I am applying online for him daily for full time employment. You are very qualified and experienced in your field, so have a lot to offer this complany.The comments that everyone has made above all are excellent advice, if you incorporate them all.

I think that it is important to go in confidantly, positive, showing enthusiasm and knowledge about their company (like you have been researching, the Q&A is excellent!). The mock interviews with your daughter are really good, and one of the things they told my husband to do as well in his course!

I think portraying a confidance without arrogance is very important. They want to know you are a go-getter that will give 100 percent to their company but that is willing to adapt to their company as well; like letting them know what you can do for them, but are also willing to learn and that you learn quickly. Knowing that you are a team player and also have leadership qualities seems to be a valuable asset also. Good luck, Malc!!

Susan
SusanUKF is offline   Reply With Quote