View Single Post
Old 4 May 2018, 03:44 AM   #4
j_b

To test Yandex, I registered a (free) .ml domain, added the domain to my Yandex/Mail acct, and created a functioning mailbox under this domain (=this email now hosted by Yandex). I then tried to add this .ml email as a secondary email on a FB account and FB rejected it as "Invalid email".

To double check that the rejection is not due to the .ml domain, I then registered another .ml domain (good thing .ml domains are free as I don't have unused regular tlds lying around for testing), put it on one of my G Apps/G Suite accounts as an alias domain, and created a functioning mailbox under this domain (=this email now hosted by G Apps). When I tried to add this .ml email as a secondary email on the same FB acct, it was accepted.

So my conclusion is: FB does seem to blacklist emails coming from domains hosted by Yandex (while it doesn't seem to do a blanket blacklist of all .ml domains).
Of course this could be just a coincidence (and FB practice might not be representative of general practice) but at this stage I am not ready to move my domain's MX from G Apps to Yandex Mail...
j_b is offline   Reply With Quote