View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2020, 11:41 PM   #1
easemail

New Empty Folder Illustrations

Not a fan of the two new empty folder illustrations that showed up on my account overnight.

The "Nothing in this folder" illustration is the best of the two in my opinion. At least it looks like it belongs in a professional environment.

The "Inbox zero" party popper one is the worst. I don't get a lot of email in general, and pride myself on keeping things at inbox zero. The concept of inbox zero is one of calm quiet zen to me, not loud celebration.

The other aspect of this will be that I'll have my inbox screen up at work and the illustration will be clearly visible across the room to be seen by my coworkers. Having a large party popper at that size makes it look like I'm on some entertainment website instead of doing serious email.

Also annoyed that somehow the illustrations have a horizon line? Why in the world would an illustration with a shadow underneath it need a horizon line? I thought this was an image rendering mistake at first.

Still a fastmail fan, but would appreciate it if they dialed back the "fun" aspects of this.
easemail is offline   Reply With Quote