View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2017, 12:28 AM   #1
G Reading

Emails not always sent but no error shown

I am having problems sending emails. This problem has been noticed over the past few weeks but could have been going on longer. When I send an email it goes into the sent folder so it looks like a successful send but it has not gone to the receiver. No error messages are received for the send. Receiving of emails seems to be working correctly. I have started putting my own address as a bcc so that I have a better idea if the message has been successfully sent. If I restart the email client it makes no difference but if I reboot my laptop the new emails will get sent but eventually (within minutes/hours) will not be sent. When it is not sending properly even a simple email sent to myself is not received but shows in the Sent folder.

Current set up:
Win 10, Norton Security, Bell Canada ISP (Sympatico not Fibe), Mozilla Thunderbird (POP3-Port 995 & SMTP-Port 587)

I have tried Windows Live Mail, Opera and eM Client and they all do exactly the same. Win 10 Mail seems to work okay but I wouldn’t want to use it as my everyday email client. I have disabled Norton and it makes no difference. I have used 2 different locations with different routers with no difference.
G Reading is offline   Reply With Quote