View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2019, 01:03 AM   #29
benaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Sometimes odd content triggers Spam filters. I remember a case where the email creators had been cutting and pasting from a lot of Microsoft Office docs, which brought along lots of extra HTML code. There was probably six pages of code for every one page of email and spam filters didn't like it even though just viewing and reading the email things looked normal. Where I used to work our own marketing emails were snagged bu our Spam filter regularly for some reason we were not able to figure out.
I did think of this, so I sent a simple "test" message when I was troubleshooting. I composed a regular email - just a very basic conversational "plain text" email, and sent it via Fastmail to my work account (Office 365). It also got snagged. Everything was getting snagged. The content wasn't important.

And yes, that's all MS was able to tell me - that it got a "5" and therefore was quarantined. I asked for an escalation to see if someone at MS could explain exactly what was the reason for the "5" rating. I gave them examples of SpamAssassin headers, which always make it very easy for users to figure out what's causing their email to be flagged, and hoped that MS could give me some illumination into the issue. Needless to say I the ticket is still open and they are taking longer than Fastmail did to respond, when usually I get replies back from them in a matter of minutes.
benaboo is offline   Reply With Quote