View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2017, 06:45 PM   #23
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I'm in my 20s and don't use WhatsApp, Viber or Facebook at all (I don't even know what Viber is). I used to have a Facebook account but closed it for many reasons, including dislike of the superficial conversations and the time-wasting. As for email: I love it - my favourite method of communication. I realise that this makes me eccentric for my age - literally no one I know who is my age uses email like I do (they all only have email addresses because they're obliged to as a means of signing up for online services). I find it so personal and meaningful compared to the other aforementioned channels.
yes agree..Zach you are an exception!! Most youngsters I know (and also many women!!) use Whatsapp,Viber or Immo/Skype ONLY for communication. Email more and more only is used because they need to register something...or when they need to communicate with a government authority or a larger company. In South-America (were i lived for nearly 6 years) I also noticed this,but there its like that because many people do not have a computer at home...and they only use their smartphone.

Most people even HATE it when you ask them to communicate through emails..!!! That saddens me...but its like that.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote