View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2023, 09:09 AM   #7
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBurgess View Post
It's a bit disheartening to see social media becoming less about personal connections and more about professionalized content. I miss the days when we could easily catch up with friends and family's updates on holidays and everyday life. But hey, it's not all bad news. I'd like to note that due to these changes, social media has become a great tool to promote services, products and build brand presence. While there are different strategies to achieve this, you may consider using services like instant facebook likes to enhance your online presence and draw more attention to your product or brand. However, it's important to find a balance between promotional efforts and maintaining genuine connections with your audience.
Wouldn't it maybe be nice if there were two different "milieus" - social media and business-y networking?

It reminds me of how irritated people get when they're supposedly invited over to lunch at a friend's house and they get hit with a sales pitch to buy Avon or Tupperware.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote