Thread: Masked Email
View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2021, 06:21 AM   #10
jamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
It's also not clear to me how you send masked email addresses. As best as I can you need to create a sending identity for each one of these things. It's not automatic. That could really will clutter up the compose "from" drop down menu (speaking of sending identities, found another new "feature" but I'll post that under a separate thread).
If you are responding to an email sent to a masked email, it automatically uses the masked email as an identity. Otherwise, it doesn't show masked emails as identities, so it doesn't clutter the list.

I really wish there was a similar feature for emails sent to plus/subdomain addresses, where it automatically uses that e-mail address instead of having to create an identity first.

Having a completely random email address does have some advantages. I've seen spammers manipulate stuff after the plus sign. It's also useful when dealing with businesses in person - either the plus is confusing, the plus isn't accepted, or they're going to ask about the business name being in the email address.
jamus is offline   Reply With Quote