View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2020, 04:08 PM   #78
M4rk4y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grhm View Post
In the past I've been an outspoken critic of Fastmail when they have messed things up with apparently pointless changes... but I'm puzzled by this thread.
The only substantial changes I've noticed are a few minor tweaks to the layout and that they've changed the font from one inoffensive, legible, sans-serif type to a different inoffensive, legible, sans-serif type.
Unlike in previous revisions, as far as I'm aware there has been no loss of functionality at all.
I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.
Their first iteration had a really awful bold font which they fairly quickly improved (which supports my notion that they didn't really ask a wide enough range of beta testers what they thought) so you won't see that now. But apart from the anti-aliasing issue (which I am mercifully free from) and apart from the removal of the perfectly useful option to switch fonts and apart from the completely pointless and screen-cluttering forced addition of folder icons to whatever theme it was that I was using... there remains the fact that they dumped all this on us without fair notice. I think there's probably enough there to be worth fussing about.
M4rk4y is offline   Reply With Quote