View Single Post
Old 31 May 2017, 11:04 AM   #12
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
I am using Apple Mail for a client on desktop & laptop with ElCapitan and iPhone 6.
I'd throw in another strong vote for Fastmail, especially in the scenario you describe above... It works great with Apple Mail, especially on the iOS side, as it's the only service provider out there that actually does proper push e-mail — in fact, Fastmail is better at this than even iCloud, as it pushes ALL mailbox changes (e.g. delete/read/move), not just notifications of new messages.

In my opinion, G Suite is really only a great solution if you plan to live primarily in the Gmail web interface on your desktop and in the iOS Gmail app (or Inbox by Gmail, if you prefer that). You won't get push e-mail support in the iOS Mail app unless you opt to set it up as a "Google Sync" account, which is Exchange ActiveSync, basically, and not without its own quirks. Google's back-end administrative interface for G Suite, while offering a lot of powerful features, can also be a bit inscrutable for the non-technically minded.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote