Thread: Tutanota down
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2020, 04:02 PM   #40
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

From the moment I saw that Tutanota is down I moved my domains to Yandex. I use Cloudns Premium and the changes I make in DNS settings are propagated almost instant. The privacy is not so important for me (because I do not trust protonmail, tutanota or any other encrypted email provider), for sensitive information I always manually encrypt the files with 7z, but the uptime and reliability is very important.

It's not the first Tutanota outage. In the last 6 months I noticed that it was down several times for short periods of time - around 30 minutes or so. But it was the biggest outage I experienced with them until now.

If a downtime do happen, I want to know what is going on, and this without having to dig the internet for posts on reddit or twitter (I don't use twitter, I found their post searching on google for info regarding their outage). I want to know what is going on, what they do to fix it and an estimate how long it will take. I understand that dealing with DDOS attacks it's very hard to predict when the service is going to be restored, but even a rough estimate will do.

Tutanota, I'd like to see a status page hosted on a different server, with a different hosting company and I'd like to see updates every 30 minutes in case of an outage, even if you don't have new info to communicate. Tell us that you are there and what you are doing to fix it.
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote