View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2018, 08:56 AM   #22
davy51
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler4402 View Post
Hi, here is an update, I am home again and have had another session and I have tried again to follow the appended help account files which have been kindly posted, although unfortunately I cannot get any to work, I have again generated a new 16 digit code, but if I open the Sky-Yahoo web mail I cannot find a settings button which could lead to "email accounts" etc, and if I open Thunderbird and click "Tools" there is no >" E-mail accounts or Account Actions" in the menu as stated in the posted instructions, there is just nowhere I can find to paste a new 16 digit pw.
I could open the T/bird Account Settings > Server Settings > and change the settings to POP which I have tried several times but whatever server settings I enter it still asks for a pw which is always rejected, while most up to date information says that the correct server settings for Sky is "imap"
I am now researching the email platform reviews, in order to remove T/Bird, regards Robert

Look in Edit instead of tools for account settings
Delete your first tries for sky
creat a new account

Follow these directions
  1. Select Edit then account settings.
  2. Select Account actions and then Add Mail Account. Enter the following details and select continue: Your Name: Your first and last name
    Email Address: Your Sky Yahoo Mail address
    Password: Your unique 16-digit app password
  3. When the window refreshes select POP3 or imap and the suggested settings will be displayed. Select Manual config and when the window refreshes, enter the following information: Incoming POP3: pop.tools.sky.com, Port: 995
    Outgoing SMTP: smtp.tools.sky.com, Port: 465
  4. Select Done to complete the set up.
These settings should work for sky

IMAP Email Settings

Incoming Sky Mail Server imap.tools.sky.com Outgoing Sky Mail Server smtp.tools.sky.com Incoming Server Port995 Outgoing Server Port465 SSL?Yes

Authentication is password style

Last edited by davy51 : 19 Sep 2018 at 09:08 AM.
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote