View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2016, 04:33 AM   #9
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
When you use the new server names, application passwords are required. If you want to use the master password, you need to use the old server names. These still allow use of the master password so as not to break existing setups.
It's been exactly two months since the first changes, so we need to be prepared for the full changes described in the Fastmail help system. We don't know how to interpret "gradually" in this blog post from July 18 (nearly 10 weeks ago):
Quote:
Any devices you already have set up will continue to work just fine with your regular FastMail password. We will gradually help existing customers to upgrade to the new system for all apps over the coming months, but there will be no change immediately. If you set up the new two-step verification however, you will need to update your apps immediately with an app password, as third-party apps do not currently support two-step verification.
I have updated all my accounts to two factor authentication, so I can't test the old server names with my accounts.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote