View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2012, 12:39 AM   #127
watersedge

Well...I'm not quite as willing to attribute this disaster...and that's what it is...to unplanned, forced changes by some imaginary set of circumstances that just happened to need to be addressed immediately. What...was it the 2012 Daylight Savings this last weekend? Was that the magic event that required the rushed release of an obviously unannounced, untested, "upgrade"?

Please.

This has been a total cluster. It takes the Microsoft method of "upgrades" to an entirely new level. Didn't they test anything? Didn't they ask anyone if the changes the were making were even wanted? This is the most perfect example of how NOT to roll out a product that I've ever seen in my life. And I was in the industry and witnessed the birth of the PC, the IBM XT, MS-DOS, and all...I've seen it all.

Oh, and anybody who doesn't read "All are fully supported, and we have no plans to remove any of them." without the plain and simple addition of "yet" or "at this time" to the end of the sentence is naive, at best. We've just learned that Opera/Fastmail is quite willing to pull the rug out from under us without warning. Somehow this reminds me of the election today. Ignore what they've already done/been doing and trust what they say they're going to do instead. Now, there's a plan!
watersedge is offline   Reply With Quote