View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2017, 02:24 PM   #6
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
It would seem to me that there is a pretty good circumvention. Set up a special identity that you always use when sending from the Group, and have an auto bcc that has a unique identifiable email address, such as school-group@myname.mydomain.com.
This doesn't solve this need:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart View Post
...The other problem with searching through the headers in the way you suggested, is that it won't find emails from members of the address book group if the sender was not in the group at the time of receipt. So if Jane is in my class at school and sends me an email about the chess club and I then add her address to the group, the chess club email will not appear in the results...
If you create a special identity (such as BritTim suggests) and use it for sending and receiving all messages to this group, then you don't need to use Bcc when sending. You can then just search for messages which contain that identity (special alias) in any addressing field (From/To/Cc/X-Delivered-to). This requires discipline to implement, however. The other solution is to use a saved search for the individual addresses of the members of the school group, but this is slow if there are many group members.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote