View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2021, 05:04 AM   #8
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
Aha! Disabled rules! I forgot that I had any... Section 4a doesn't set any "hasmailbox" variables here though; it's setting the "skipinbox" variable - which presumably means that later we intend to prevent that mail being routed to the inbox?
Oops sorry for the mistake. I meant to say "section 4a (Calculate rule action) tests the rule conditions and a match sets the corresponding Lx_... and skipinbox variables". It was getting late when I typed that. I just went back and added a correction to my post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
So at this point such mails are being routed to a named mailbox (by the fileinto). The ":copy" means not that there's a copy being made elsewhere, but that - for the moment - the "implicit keep" (which would normally route every mail to the INBOX) is still going to happen. And "hasmailbox" presumably indicates that the mail has successfully been put somewhere else?
Yeah, I was trying to keep the explanation simple and avoided introducing the concept of "keep". But you are correct. The fileinto :copy just doesn't clear the "keep" so that the message can still potentially default to filing into the INBOX. But...

Quote:
It's not precisely discarding a copy, it's turning off the "implicit keep"...
Which is what that block of code does following that "Then archive or clear implicit keep if skipping inbox" comment, i.e., that discard.

Quote:
I just looked at my Sieve code; all of my mailboxids are the '5 dash separated hex' values type too.
Which brings us back to my original concern. Where did that strange looking mailboxid come from?

I'd still like to see the section 4a code (appropriately censored if necessary).

Last edited by xyzzy : 12 Mar 2021 at 05:12 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote