View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2008, 03:11 AM   #3
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Just a couple of minor observations for the moment.

Quote:
Despite the lure of web 2.0 trinkets, email remains one of the web's killer apps. Gmail and Windows Live Hotmail might rule the roost at the moment, but they're not short of competitors.
This is just "off the top of my head", which I don't have any data to verify either way at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that I've heard/read most recently that Yahoo was actually currently "bigger" that Hotmail in terms of total users and/or accounts. Of course, "currently" wasn't today, so that may or may not be true/accurate.

Quote:
"Storage space is a popular criteria when choosing a service, so we will remain competitive in that respect."
Okay, admittedly this is "nitpicky", but if they're going to compete in an English market,. perhaps they should learn proper English grammar.

Finally:

Quote:
"Over 10 years, we've gained over 11 million users throughout Europe, so GMX is high quality and reliable. Aspects like our very efficient SPAM protection will come as a pleasant surprise to new users."
Right. Like mass execution is a "very efficient" form of crime prevention. </sarcasm>
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote