View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2008, 01:04 AM   #10
varaonaid

I've been using GMX quite a bit as of late. There are a lot of things I like about it. Development isn't as fast as I'd prefer but they seem to listen to some of the customer requests (such as spell checking, which, granted, should have been there all along).

What I hate, and the reason I'm looking for another provider at this point, is the long-time-loading, pop up (and yes, I've tried the no pop beta version too) java interface. I primarily use a standalone email program so, while I can deal with the webmail on my laptop for the occasional times I use it, it's impossible to use on my html browser on my phone. There have been numerous posts in the gmx forums requesting some sort of mobile capable login but there seems to be no interest in adding it. I've tried the mail2web site and while it can check my mail without problem, I can't send through it. It always has errors.

So, unfortunately, until there is an alternative to the bloated interface, I don't see them taking on gmail in any great measure.

Just my $.02.
varaonaid is offline   Reply With Quote