View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2016, 12:59 AM   #4
slow

I was using Yandex and experienced bounced messages from AOL. Failure of delivery and getting notifications 3-4 days later.

This is for normal personal, messages to one person. It could be that it's some AOL garbage (I don't know why people use it) or maybe the messages from that domain are interpreted as spam. I am not sure.

My concern is mostly privacy. I have no interest in bulk messaging. google, microsoft, apple and similar would not make sense as they are not interested in user privacy, quite the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Mail sent from many free email providers (especially small ones) will have a higher likelihood of being marked as spam by nearly all email service. Mail sent using email clients usually contains the IP address of the sender device. Mail sent using webmail sometimes does not include the sender device IP, but this depends on the email service. I think that Gmail is the only large free email provider who does not include the source device IP in webmail. Of course, Gmail tracks your IP, but I don't believe they place it openly in the headers (at least if you send using their web interface).

You will have to use a reputable provider who includes proper DKIM and SPF features to reliably send to major email providers. And if you send through a server not specified by the domain owner (such as using DMARC records) you may have trouble with delivery. In other words, if the message has an outlook.com From address it should be sent using Microsoft outlook/hotmail servers.

You will not find anyone here who will assist you in sending unsolicited bulk messages. I'm not suggesting that you are, but any time someone is trying to hide their IP it can appear suspicious. Reputable email sending servers which do not place the sender IP address in the headers usually include an encrypted header which that service can use to determine the sender IP if the message is determined to be spam or otherwise illegal.

Bill
slow is offline   Reply With Quote