View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2020, 11:16 AM   #20
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I don't understand the "goose" vs "geese" example. I have many hits for both goose and geese in my email. - - -

Can someone explain the goose search I see in beta mode with labels enabled? Was that a real example which the Fastmail staff member had tested? If so, what am I doing wrong?
I only quoted what he said. I doubt he tested it since we were just conversing back and forth through the ticket. What I said to him is I didn't see anything in RFC8621 section 4.4 that implied searches were so relaxed and if they are FM better document it that or it will confuse users. Remember, for this ticket at least, I was dealing with a 1st level tech support. I always take 1st level tech support for most any service with a gain of salt! My guess is you aren't doing anything wrong. Who want's a search that assumes what you really want to look for?

Maybe I should go back to that ticket, challenge him on his statement, and escalate it if necessary.

By the way I don't think being in labels or folders mode is significant for this search stuff.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote