View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2018, 04:30 AM   #10
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
A friend of mine who uses Yahoo showed me the interface.

I must say it's not as bad as I thought it'd be based on the descriptions. It's not as clean as Gmail and Outlook.com, but it's not messy neither.

What matters to me when choosing an email provider is
- the service being around for a long time to come (should be a given with Yahoo)
- reliability and security
- if possible I also like the logs of previous signin dates and times
- 2FA is a bonus, not a must

It seems Yahoo would fit that description, without saying it looks as tidy as Gmail or Outlook.com. But still, it seems to be OK to me. What worries me a bit is the "security" part though: I heard of stories of a large amount of Yahoo accounts being broken into. That of course is not what you want. I don't know if it was true and as bad as some made it sound, since I wasn't using Yahoo I didn't read in detail about this case. But obviously you prefer to create an email account that is unlikely to be broken into. That'd be my main concern when it comes to Yahoo (I also don't know if they keep logs of previous signins and if 2FA is possible)

The interface itself didn't bother me that much, from the little peek this friend allowed me (and obviously I just stared at the interface without looking at the emails)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote