View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2006, 02:38 AM   #8
mail2me
Master of the @

The words in red have been changed. The username for both my rushpost (FastMail account) and runbox happen to be the same.

The above message was sent from username@rushpost.com to <name1@domain.com> and <name2@domain.com> (both were entered in the "To" line of the message.

As you can see from above both <name1@domain.com> and <name2@domain.com> are never mentioned in the header even though the message was addressed to both. What is stated is the forward email address of the two aliases of the email host domain, i.e. <name1@domain.com> and <name2@domain.com>.

The outcome:
1) I only received one copy of the message to username@runbox.com.

2) Obviously my filter for "if Header contains 'for name2@domain.com;'" can't work because it is not appearing anywhere in the header. I checked the forward email account of that filter anyway just to make sure that the second copy of the message wasn't there anyway.

My header for a message sent from FastMail is different to yours. If it was the same then the above raised issues won't occur.

The only difference I can see is that my FastMail domain is rushpost.com instead of fastmail.fm.
mail2me is offline   Reply With Quote