Thread: mailo.com
View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2021, 02:48 AM   #12
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoore View Post
Of the two I'd choose Mailo. Its much cheaper and has roughly the same features. My main concerns are how good is their spam detection , do they have a support forum and are they too much B2B focused.

There is no mention of what anti-spam software they use. They just talk about "advanced anti-spam features, based on predictive heuristic filters, to identify unwanted messages and phishing attempts". They list "premium assistance" but its not clear what that means.

Mailfence uses a Javascript based implementation of OpenPGP. That's much easier to implement but not trustworthy IMHO. While I don't care about OpenPGP any email provider willing to make that sort of tradeoff I don't want to use.

I'm also thinking about leaving Fastmail. Care to share what other email providers you considered and why you rejected them?
Yes, I will post a more detailed note asap this or next week to help you.

Mailfence free does not have mobile support. Only on paid for account and is twice the cost.

I went for Mailo as French based, free package has activesync, imap etc and so took that, but paid to move up to the premium package. Had a few teething issues but given the cost 12Euros a year can't really argue.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote