View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2022, 12:12 PM   #1
hydrostarr

Question How to mark email as "Ham" (to train Fastmail spam filter)?

Summary

In Fastmail:

1. How to mark email as "Ham"? (Seems less trustworthy without this.)
2. Can I apply large collections of (past) known-Ham and known-Spam emails to be "marked as Ham" and "marked as Spam" to best train Fastmail's spam filters?

Details

In Fastmail I can train its spam engine by moving email to the toplevel Spam IMAP folder. How can I train Fastmail to recognize email as "NOT spam" aka "Ham"?

Tuffmail.net had this feature, simply by copying any email I wanted to an Auto-Train/Ham IMAP folder (similar but the opposite purpose of Tuffmail's Auto-Train/Spam folder).

Does Fastmail provide some similar functionality?

Without it, I have much less trust of Fastmail's spam filter to do the right thing. ie, ensure "Ham" is "not Spam filtered," which to me is just as much or maybe more inportant than catching-and-filtering Spam.

Further: I still retain all my emails from Tuffmail (for ~15 yrs) that I manually marked as both Spam and Ham. Thousands of emails. I'd love to apply those to my Fastmail account engine. Is that feasible? What are my options (for procedural execution)? Are some procedures potentially more-efficient than others?
hydrostarr is offline   Reply With Quote