View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2018, 05:19 AM   #14
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I only check my emails from my own computer, my tablet, and occasionally my family's computer when I pay them a visit. No cybercafes or computers at a workplace or so (not anymore).
In the past, when I used internet cafes during travels (I had no tablet yet), I Always erased browsing history prior to finishing my session.

2FA such as an SMS being sent with an access word in addition to my password would be nice, just like an overview of previous logs.
Google has investigated this pretty extensively, and the most likely way to have your account broken into is by being tricked into revealing your password or by having your password stolen. If you don't reuse passwords, use reasonably strong ones, and are extremely careful about clicking on links in emails, etc., the chances are slim you will have a problem. "Cracking" passwords is getting easier to do, but is not typically done for a low-level target like most of us. It is a lot of effort to break into an email account that may not even be used for anything. 2FA is useful in that it could prevent someone from logging in if your password was stolen.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote