EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 28 Dec 2019, 04:29 AM   #1
InquiringMind

Inbox.com Is Down

Been trying to access my Inbox.com account for hours.

Get Web Error Message:
"Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Outlook Error Message:
"Cannot connect to server."

Just wanted to let other users know.

Cheers
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Dec 2019, 07:11 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Home page and Login page are up here.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2019, 11:04 AM   #3
guest2k
Cornerstone of the Community

Inbox.com

"We are experiencing some server issue which the engineers are currently working on. We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing and are trying to resolve this as quickly as possible. "
guest2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2019, 08:33 AM   #4
robastewart

The statement regarding server issues has been removed. But inbox.com makes it difficult to find how to register a new account. The main page provides a sign-in button in several places but nothing for prospective registrants. The login page appears is for registered user only. There is a link to instructions for switching email providers to inbox.com, but entering the existing email domain as instructed takes one to further instructions which immediately are found to be inconsistent with existing web pages. For examples, following the instructions to go to inbox.com and find the email icon takes one to the aforementioned main page that has no such icon. A classic redundant do-loop.
robastewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2019, 03:21 PM   #5
InquiringMind

Hi robastewart,

I may be mistaken, but I think that they have not accepted new accounts for several years. They can barely handle what they have. I appear to have lost some emails during the time that they were down. I think all of my older emails are okay. I asked them to see if they can find the ones from the time they were down. I will see what they answer. In a way, I wish they would still take on new users to have more resources to build better redundancy. But in fairness, I do not know what their business structure is, so I cannot say how many users they can handle.

Cheers
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2019, 03:35 PM   #6
chickadee

"We're sorry, new registrations will not be available for an extended period of time.

"Inbox.com webmail is currently being prepared for a major system upgrade and therefore all new registrations have been stopped.

"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."
chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote