EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Apr 2006, 11:44 AM   #1
KCom

Charged for service but can't create account!

I'm posting a message here, in the hopes that someone from Fastmail will see it and react a bit more quickly than they do when one submits a support request...

At approximately 2 AM EST on Thursday, April 27th, I signed up for a one-year Full account at the reduced price of $14.95. Immediately after submitting the transaction, I was brought to a screen that stated...

"There is not enough money in the account to complete the account creation. Please return to the signup screen and try again. Your payment was processed successfully. USD $14.95 has been added to your account."

Apparently, this must be related to the "change in price bug" that is mentioned on this board in other posts. Although my $14.95 has been processed successfully, the system seems to think this amount isn't enough money to create the account, which means I have no access to an account that my credit card already shows an authorization for!

I've tried returning to the signup screen and re-submitting the information as suggested, but I'm repeatedly brought to the same there-isn't-enough-money screen.

I submitted a support request approximately 20 hours ago, and that request has gone unanswered (and I did include an alternative email address to be contacted at). With all due respect, I don't think I should have to wait up to 48 hours to have this resolved.

Thank you!
KCom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Apr 2006, 12:56 PM   #2
JeffK

KCom, can you please confirm that you submitted a support ticket via the Support link on the Fastmail website.

Regards,

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:16 PM   #3
KCom

Jeff,

Yes, I submitted a support ticket via the "Support" link on Fastmail's website. After submitting my support request, I was taken to a screen that stated I would receive a response within 6 to 48 hours, but I don't think I should have to wait 48 hours to have this resolved.

Within 15 minutes of starting this thread, Richard (from Fastmail) sent me a PM requesting my account information. Hopefully, I'll have access to my account soon.

KCom
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:23 PM   #4
KCom

Thumbs up Thank you!

Right after submitting my last post, I received an email from Richard. I now have access to my account!

Thank you, Richard!

KCom
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:34 PM   #5
JeffK

That's good. Have fun with your account.

Jeff
Old 28 Apr 2006, 05:17 PM   #6
Shazzer
Essential Contributor

I'm having the same problem!

I purchased a new full account for my partner a little over 14 hours ago and I got stuck in the same error message loop that Kcom did. I submitted a support ticket immediately and have heard nothing back yet.

In the meantime, we still don't have access to an account that's been paid for. I've been talking up fastmail for years now and finally convinced my better half she needed an account...so on top of this glitch being inconvenient...it's kind of embarrassing!
Shazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2006, 03:50 AM   #7
Shazzer
Essential Contributor

Exclamation (Bump)

Okay, it's been 24 hours now and my Swede still doesn't have access to her new account, and neither one of us has heard a word from support.

I know we're dealing with a pretty significant time-difference here, but sure someone from fastmail monitors these forums fairly regularly?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 08:15 AM   #8
JasonWard
Cornerstone of the Community

Have you reported the problem direct to Fastmail?

Whilst people from Fastmail are here often, these are community pages, formal support is offered by Fastmail directly, and this has to be an instance that Fastmail needs to deal with.

Jason
JasonWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2006, 08:20 AM   #9
JeffK

I wispered in a little birdies ear just in case these problems have been missed.

Jeff
Old 29 Apr 2006, 08:20 AM   #10
Shazzer
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonWard
Have you reported the problem direct to Fastmail?
Yes Jason. As I mentioned in my first post, I submitted a support ticket directly to fastmail the moment I realized I had a problem. I didn't post it here until 14 hours had passed and I'd had no response.

(I'm still waiting, BTW.)
Old 29 Apr 2006, 10:38 AM   #11
robmueller
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
Hmmm, I know there was a little problem or two that Richard introduced with the special prices for upgrading, but I thought he had dealt with them all. I'll get him to look at it...

Rob
robmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2006, 05:51 PM   #12
Shazzer
Essential Contributor

Thanks Rob! It's now been over 36 hours since we signed up for the account and neither one of us has heard anything back yet. I was beginning to think that maybe I helped to muck things up communication-wise by submitted the support ticket about an issue with an account other than my own. At the time it made sense to me because my name is on the credit card that paid for it and I'm an established customer and know how to navigate the support system, but maybe my effort to help only caused more confusion.