EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 16 Dec 2018, 11:51 PM   #1
Folio

Message Not Appearing in Thunderbird

Before I burden the Runbox folks with a ticket I want to check if I am overlooking a setting somewhere. In my inbox, I have a message with an 8 MB video file (.mov) attached. The message displays properly in the web interface but does not show up when I view the inbox using Thunderbird. All other messages show up in Thunderbird as expected. I have tried Thunderbird's "Repair Folder" but that has not solved the problem. Thanks for any suggestions.
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Dec 2018, 12:14 AM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Have you tried via another local email client, instead of Thunderbird?

In Thunderbird, have a look at account settings (for your Runbox account), synchronisation & storage, disc space - there's a check box for don't download messages larger than x.

Last edited by FredOnline : 17 Dec 2018 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Spelling error
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2018, 01:02 AM   #3
Folio

Thanks @FredOnline. I checked Thunderbird and did not have the "Don't download messages larger than" setting checked. So, I set up my Runbox account in the Alpine client and the message appeared there. I then re-started Thunderbird and, strangely enough, the message now appears. I am not sure what made the difference.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 03:32 AM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

There was a problem: https://status.runbox.com. Always check first status pages.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2018, 03:44 PM   #5
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hello Folio. I would suggest you do open a support ticket or email us using support@runbox.com and then we can look in to this. It might be that the account needs to have the database for your account and the storage where your emails are kept synchronised, and we can do that relatively quickly for you.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2018, 01:26 AM   #6
Folio

Thanks @dbowdley. I have contacted support since I am continuing to see some strange IMAP vs web interface discrepancies that are specific to that one message.
Old 21 Dec 2018, 04:47 PM   #7
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
It might be that the account needs to have the database for your account and the storage where your emails are kept synchronised, and we can do that relatively quickly for you.
If logging in via Runbox 7 instead, would this synchronization not happen automatically, or would Runbox Support do something different?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2018, 06:09 PM   #8
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
If logging in via Runbox 7 instead, would this synchronization not happen automatically, or would Runbox Support do something different?
It's not the same thing as the synchronisation you see in Runbox 7.

Runbox has for many years used a database accelerated email system, and sometimes the list of messages in the database can become out of sync with the actual messages on the storage servers.

If this happens we can perform a synchronisation between the two at our end.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote