EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 22 Dec 2015, 11:19 AM   #1
ezkop

outlook.com changes

Hi,
My outlook.com account has been changed to Outlook Mail Preview. It just happened one day when I checked my email without any previous warning or an option to switch back. I know that Microsoft is moving the whole service to the owa infrastructure, and the migration will complete early next year.

As it is now I really don't like it. All the emails are now displayed on one page, and I can't even know how many emails are in my inbox. If it stays this way I have to switch to another provider.

Anyone else has this?
ezkop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Dec 2015, 11:33 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkop View Post
Hi,
Anyone else has this?
My outlook.com account looks the same as always.....

It's a little boring - but always works.

I would be pleased to see something a little different, actually
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2015, 11:56 AM   #3
ezkop

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
My outlook.com account looks the same as always.....

It's a little boring - but always works.

I would be pleased to see something a little different, actually
There're more theme options, some colorful themes to choose from. While it's good to see some UI changes, it's lacking some basic function. There's no way to see how many emails are in each folder.
ezkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2015, 02:07 PM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
There're more theme options, some colorful themes to choose from. While it's good to see some UI changes, it's lacking some basic function. There's no way to see how many emails are in each folder.
Perhaps Microsoft are rolling out (or testing) new features, if so, they might be upgrading accounts in the USA first.

I use my Outlook account for much of my mail, where I need to give out an email address (when contacting new companies and such) - welcome to the forums ezkop. I hope you have a great day.
Old 22 Dec 2015, 06:21 PM   #5
B4its2L8
Master of the @

I believe they announced way back in May that there would be new themes among other things that would "soon" be rolling out. I guess they're finally getting around to it.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2015, 02:25 AM   #6
ccl1
Essential Contributor

Quote:
could have sworn there was a feedback box. Maybe it randomly pops up, but I know I've seen one and filled it out.

edit: found this http://outlook.uservoice.com/

and this https://support2.microsoft.com/commo...=1&nofrbrand=1
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2015, 02:17 PM   #7
EricG
Essential Contributor

Here is an article mostly dealing with reconfiguring office outlook, but the third last section has a bit on the web app.
Quote:
When? It is hard to predict when your mailbox will be migrated to Exchange Online but you can expect most US based accounts to be moved by end Q1 2016 and most other accounts by Q2. The migration of all remaining accounts is targeted to be completed by the end of 2016. They are focused on doing this as painless as possible so they rather pause and fix issues instead of steamrolling it.

Last edited by EricG : 26 Dec 2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: add quote
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2015, 02:30 PM   #8
David
Ultimate Contributor

What a mess. The link also explains that the only way you will know (for sure) that your account has been migrated is when your old account stops working.

Good on you Microsoft: but it is all that we can expect from a free email account, I guess.