EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 19 Dec 2016, 12:52 PM   #1
emale

Excite Mail

I am anxiously awaiting to see Excite Mail being listed on emailaddresses.com

Last edited by emale : 19 Dec 2016 at 12:59 PM.
emale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Dec 2016, 01:49 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

I do remember excite mail from generations ago, but a different one from 'yours' - methinks...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2016, 05:10 PM   #3
emale

I think it is the same Excite as it was years ago when it was owned by Home.com which later when bankrupt and is now acquired by Ask Jeeves.
Old 20 Dec 2016, 01:34 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by emale View Post
I think it is the same Excite as it was years ago when it was owned by Home.com which later when bankrupt and is now acquired by Ask Jeeves.
It's almost impossible for a new (or old) email company to get individual status on EMD these days. The last one to do so was GMail (I think) Excite mail may certainly be worth a try though.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2016, 07:39 AM   #5
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Interestingly, the uk email service may have vanished it's not at the address I thought it was.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2016, 11:31 AM   #6
emale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
Interestingly, the uk email service may have vanished it's not at the address I thought it was.
Exactly ! The Excite email service now seems to be available only on the US portal.

See link on closure of Excite UK Email :http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?p=7889

Last edited by emale : 20 Dec 2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 3 Jan 2017, 04:27 AM   #7
atikovi

I've had an excite email address for over 10 if not 15 years. About 6 or 8 years ago I was having problems with it for a few months and switched to mail.com. Since then it's been fine though.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2021, 02:35 AM   #8
TheSouthernGent

Unable to log in to Excite now

For over 10 plus years and I have been a computer type geek person since I was working on computers before the Immensely Boring Machines were being sold I have several different email addresses and Excite was one of them for security reason since hackers and trackers were and still are roaming the internet today. I had and still do on my sheets of papers 10 different Excite email addresses and when I went to log on was told no such name or password. Well I have been reading as many of the postings here an else where on the internet and not one of the suggestions I have cut and pasted so I would do as suggested has worked. By the way I use Foxfire and Mozilla on 3 different computers. I even installed a new SSD using Win 7 then 8 and then 10 to see if a new setup would make a difference but no luck there either. Lastly when I saw the new email place on the internet I signed up and haven't had one bit of trouble using it and that's Gmail.
So if anyone has a solution the contact me there..
thetruesoutherngentleman
TheSouthernGent is offline   Reply With Quote