EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Mar 2022, 03:36 AM   #1
bschelle

Alert sounds

How can I get a louder or longer alert on my Iphone. The alert tone is too short and I do not hear it all of the time. I asked support about it and they were no help.
bschelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Mar 2022, 01:15 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I do not personally use an iPhone. I have occasionally helped others. As I recall, you can set the Notification Sound volume, and also choose Vibration. You need to go somewhere like Settings_>Change the sounds (I cannot remember exactly).
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2022, 02:03 PM   #3
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Try this.. https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-cu...fication-tones
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2022, 07:01 PM   #4
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschelle View Post
How can I get a louder or longer alert on my Iphone. The alert tone is too short and I do not hear it all of the time. I asked support about it and they were no help.
I agree it is pretty low (don't use it myself but just tried it). Maybe it's some Apple restriction on what apps can do for notifications although I would think it should be tied to Sounds & Haptics volume. I think all notification sounds only play once (except for the incoming phone calls and time alarms).

Just a side (slightly off topic) note, I noticed that although you can set the default email app to Fastmail (I do that), the Sounds & Haptics mail sound settings don't seem to apply to the fastmail app. At least they don''t for me. Don't know if that's a apple restriction or something FM forgot to code for.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2022, 03:48 AM   #5
bschelle

Per Fastmail Support, the alert cannot be changed to anything other than what Fastmail has provided. You cannot use any of the iPhone alerts.
bschelle is offline   Reply With Quote