EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 Oct 2006, 08:28 AM   #1
MagicDavid

Unhappy Argh! Address book!

I feel I have to keep asking for this - just in case anyone at Fastmail has forgotten...

I really need to export my full address book.

I don't really care what format anymore - I just need offline access to all my fields. Plain text, XML, RSS, anything.
MagicDavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Oct 2006, 03:36 PM   #2
ewal
Master of the @

MagicDavid

I suggest you use the upload/download link on the main address book screen. Then from that page choose one of the download options. I use Outlook which gives me a csv file.

Edward
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 05:26 PM   #3
savirr

Quote:
Originally posted by ewal
I suggest you use the upload/download link on the main address book screen. Then from that page choose one of the download options. I use Outlook which gives me a csv file.
This doesn't provide all the fields in the address book, especially if some contacts have got lots of phone numbers / email addresses. Also, no available format exports all fields stored by FM.

Simon
savirr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 06:01 PM   #4
ewal
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by savirr
This doesn't provide all the fields in the address book, especially if some contacts have got lots of phone numbers / email addresses. Also, no available format exports all fields stored by FM.

Simon
Simon

You are right, I did not realise that. I just did an experiment by adding multiple email details to a contact as well as a custom field, and yes it does not all download.

Apologies to MagicDavid, I just made an assumption - having never previously added items into a record beyond Fastmail's export funtionality.

Ed
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote