EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 7 May 2017, 01:35 AM   #1
cb500

New login interface asking about HTML

Every time the new login interface is presented, upon signing in the question "do you really want to use basic HTML?" pops up. Using Win 10 on desktop with latest updates. This happens when signing in with either Chrome or Firefox (both latest versions). The old login screen always defaulted to the standard view. In the new "simpler" login screen, one extra click for "standard view" isn't a big issue, but, was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this.
cb500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 May 2017, 07:08 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

I'm not getting that. When I log in (Windows 10, Chrome) there is some message about using the "standard view" way down in the lower right of the screen, but it moves by so fast I haven't been able to fully read it.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2017, 09:44 AM   #3
cb500

Ok, thanks. I went ahead and clicked "HTML view" just to see what that looked like. Now, that is the "default" login. I no longer am asked about using "Standard" or the old HTML. It's very odd. My previous logins all asked "are you sure you want to use HTML view", so it thought I was wanting to do that. I always clicked "Standard" and I got the normal view. Now that I really am using "HTML" it no longer asks if I'm sure I want to use it. So, when the login is complete I now switch to standard view. One would think there would be somewhere that the default view mode could be set as an option.
Old 8 May 2017, 10:25 AM   #4
cb500

Think I figured it out. Had something to do with logging into gmail via bookmarks. Cleaned out bookmark, erased all broswer data, then used CCleaner to actually get rid of all the leftover files associated with a Chrome session. From then on, logging in via the gmail link from the browser delivers "standard" gmail view by default.