EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Feb 2020, 04:44 AM   #1
geedee

MailTrends-like thing for Fastmail?

Hello. I'm looking for some kind of (IMAP?) solution that will give me some analytics/intelligence on my Fastmail data.

For example, I'd like to see a list of count of messages "by sender" address?

An open-source project called MailTrends tried to do this for Gmail. I'm looking for something similar for fastmail.

I have years and years of interaction with Fastmail, and many, many emails come in from opt-ins and the like to many, many individual folders. It would be much more efficient to know where to unsubscribe if I could see that a few addresses were responsible for most of the volume, that kind of thing.

Suggestions?
Thanks.
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Feb 2020, 06:53 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

It appears that by editing a couple variables in mail.py that IMAP servers other than Gmail can be used/processed.

Quote:
Personal IMAP server

If you are using your personal IMAP server, adjust the commandline options appropriately and edit the mail.py variables MAILBOX_GMAIL_ALL_MAIL and MAILBOX_GMAIL_PREFIX appropriately (e.g. INBOX and . or sent and /, depends on your folder setup).
- Bruce

eta: You could also try something like this IMAPSize

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 2 Feb 2020 at 08:11 PM.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote