EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 26 Sep 2023, 10:07 AM   #1
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Does anyone have than one free account with the same provider?

More specifically, do you have more than one free account that is based with either the same computer or the same secondary address that you used to sign up with?

I have an account like John@hotmail, and I'd like to create a John@outlook, and wondering if I could get away with that - of if they'd notice it was from the same source and say I'm only entitled to one.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Sep 2023, 11:40 AM   #2
dryoldlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by webecedarian View Post
More specifically, do you have more than one free account that is based with either the same computer or the same secondary address that you used to sign up with?

I have an account like John@hotmail, and I'd like to create a John@outlook, and wondering if I could get away with that - of if they'd notice it was from the same source and say I'm only entitled to one.

Like how do you mean? Something like www.finefunhappyservice.com * is an email provider, and you want to register for two or more accounts? Yes. many or most email providers let you do this. These days, some finefunhappyservice's often will require a mobile telephone number or maybe give the required option of another email address for account verifications.

* that link is PURELY fictitous; shown only as an example.
dryoldlime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2023, 05:32 PM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by webecedarian View Post
do you have more than one free account that is based with either the same computer or the same secondary address that you used to sign up with?
I have a few (rarely used) gmail accounts created from the same IP address.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2023, 07:52 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

I'm pretty sure you can create multiple aliases for an Outlook.com account--I have several on my free account that all deliver to the main address. But, the short answer is yes, I have multiple free Gmail and Outlook accounts. I suspect there is a limit, but I try not to overdo it.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2023, 09:12 AM   #5
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Okay, I'll give it a try. I do recall running across one less-known provider which specifically makes you swear that you only have the one and will only have the one account.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote