EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Nov 2004, 03:23 AM   #1
ikickass

"dummy" folder & strange behaviour

Whilst moving offices at work I had all my work email forwarded to my fm acct. Once the move was complete - about a fortnight later - I configured work's Outlook 2k to retreive all my emails via IMAP.

Once downloaded I moved them across to my work accounts inbox folder in Outlook and emptied the contents of the "work" folder I'd created in the web interface.

However, I now have a "dummy" folder titled 'work' visable via the web interface. It doesn't have a link to it and nothing can be placed into it (it says that there is an IMAP error when I do this).

Not only that, but now every time I log into the web interface the first message is always selected . . .

Does anyone know what's going on / experienced anything similar?

PS: I have now deleted the fm acct from within Outlook so it shouldn't be a cross-configuration issue. . .
ikickass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Nov 2004, 03:28 AM   #2
Daniel S

Click "Done" in the Folders screen in the Web interface (or run the Account Problems link from the login screen) to force the Web interface to refresh the folders list.

To clear the selection of the first message, use the "Deselect" commands from the Action menu (or clear the checkbox and press one of the buttons in the interface).
Old 19 Nov 2004, 03:50 AM   #3
ikickass

Problem solved! Thanks for all your help!!
ikickass is offline   Reply With Quote