EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 5 Jun 2002, 05:23 AM   #1
fady122

Question Which provider has the most professional/best looking interface?

Which email provider wether free or paid, has the best looking interface, in terms of quality, depth, professionalism and work put into it? Would love to hear your views!

Also which is the easiest to navigate through??
fady122 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Jun 2002, 05:35 AM   #2
Si1
Cornerstone of the Community

Runbox surely has one of the most professional looking web-based interfaces (runbox.com ),
OddPost's interface has been designed to mimick Outlook Express as much as possible and is, therefore, pretty user friendly (oddpost.com),
and although FastMail doesn't obsess about its interface apperence as much as some other companies might, they have, as far as I know, the largest selection of style sheets to choose from, so they're worth a look, too ( FastMail.FM ).

As for user friendliness, they are all pretty good. As too the best, that is just a matter of opinion...! (Each offer a free trial so you can test them out.)

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Si1 : 5 Jun 2002 at 05:39 AM.
Si1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2002, 07:00 AM   #3
pcw

Smile Just my opinion...

I currently use FastMail. The interface could be a bit less noisy - too many frame lines and colors. It takes a bit to get used to, but is very efficient.

Runbox is well-designed, but when I tried them last year, it was unpredictably slow. They have improved their reliability tremendously, though.

I tried Oddpost - very clever design, but service was a bit slow. Give'em time, though.

So who's the winner in my book?

Onebox.com wins my vote for best-designed user interface. Very clean, professional appearance, easy to navigate, and it's quick and very reliable. No advertisements, either. Unfortunately, they no longer provide free service, nor do they have POP or IMAP; it's web-based only.
pcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2002, 08:27 AM   #4
Gankaku

Fastmail - great interface, lots of different styleheets (professional to funky), great service and attention to problems.

Runbox - you know I haven't tried them yet, but I intend to take them up on their free trial when I have a bit of extra time to play with the service. But good things on this board about them. Sound like a professional service just from what I've heard.

Oddpost - cool professional looking interface. Needs to grow a lot.

Junglemate - nice interface; includes email, reminders, calendar, todo.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2002, 01:36 PM   #5
JeffK

The new mailservice.ms beta looks preyty good. Are there any other IMP based providers around.

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2002, 05:46 PM   #6
munchkin

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
Junglemate - nice interface; includes email, reminders, calendar, todo.
I agree. I have been using junglemate for 1 year now. I really like the interface; wallpapers/ custom wallpaper, changeable background color, single or dual (preview) pane mode.

www.inbox.lv uses IMP.
munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:46 AM   #7
KyleLC23
= Permanently banned =

So does Mailsnare.net. We all have a little differnet features though. Thanks for checking out MailService.ms jeff!

Last edited by KyleLC23 : 6 Jun 2002 at 02:17 AM.
KyleLC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2002, 02:07 AM   #8
TiCkLe

Re: Just my opinion...

Quote:
Originally posted by pcw
Onebox.com wins my vote for best-designed user interface. Very clean, professional appearance, easy to navigate, and it's quick and very reliable. No advertisements, either. Unfortunately, they no longer provide free service, nor do they have POP or IMAP; it's web-based only.
Believe it or not, I can still access my onebox account and it is fully functioning. There's thread in here somewhere that this is mentioned at. They have taken away the phone services, but as for email...it is FULLY functioning!!!

A few of my friends and myself still use the onebox service...no fee!
TiCkLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:22 PM   #9
Madiver

Representative of:
MailSnare.net
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffK
The new mailservice.ms beta looks preyty good. Are there any other IMP based providers around.

Jeff
Yes. www.mailsnare.net uses the IMP interface.
Madiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:26 PM   #10
KyleLC23
= Permanently banned =

So does Inbox.lv. Each site has its own seperate features to make it differnet though. We are adding to the list every day. Thanks Kyle
KyleLC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2002, 04:08 PM   #11
jonpanky

Splat

I have been using http://www.spl.at free email service for around 2.5 years now. I have recently upgraded my account and it definately has the cleanist looking interface. And for that matter one of the shortest domains out there!
jonpanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2002, 06:43 AM   #12
ikxu

MailService.ms has a very clean and very ease to work interface.
I like it very much.
ikxu
ikxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2002, 07:54 AM   #13
Gankaku

You know, I know KyleLC23 has a new service, but it's under demo stages now. I don't see how it can be recommended as a provider or usable service right now, since one can't get their own email address right now and can only use the demo. Just my opinion; I ran through the site and it looked nice and all, but it's just not in a usable state for users. I'll revisit when I can get an account.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2002, 09:14 AM   #14
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

If you like that interface, you can use any provider that has installed the free Imp software--quite a few have already been mentioned on this thread. All Imp providers are using the same software for the web interface (although they'll change the icons etc to give a unique feel) so you'll find much the same features and layout for each.

If you've got a permanent internet connection, you can even install your own copy and have your own webmail server for free!
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2002, 11:03 AM   #15
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Si1
OddPost's interface has been designed to mimick Outlook Express as much as possible and is, therefore, pretty user friendly ...(...
I thought the oddpost interface was pretty slick, but it's only available for IE users, therefore of no use to me since I became a Mozilla convert (1.0 just released!). I am also trying out IMAP-partners offering ((http://www.imap-partners.net/), and while the web interface is quite clean they are a wee bit pricey.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote