EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 1 Aug 2019, 02:11 AM   #1
atikovi

Viewing photos or attachments received in an email without saving it?

I think this has only started a few months ago that when I click on the photo or attachment I want to see, I get these choices:

Open/Save on hard drive
Save in file storage
Quickly save if file storage
Delete

If I click on the first choice, it prompts me to save it and there is no choice to just open it. I can save it, usually to the Desktop, but its annoying to then close the window I'm in, go the desktop, open the document or photo, then delete it. How can I just see the item in the email without going through this hassle? It's with mail.com on Windows 7 in Chrome.
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Aug 2019, 05:07 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

I’ve have this too. I think something is changed in Chrome, but I don’t know where (yet).
Berenburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Aug 2019, 11:20 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I’m not sure if the “indisposition” Chrome add-in is still available to do this, but that seemed to help some people in the past. I think that the main reason that browsers tend to now force downloading attachments by default rather than executing them or viewing them inline is security. I seem to remember hearing that there are more chances for antivirus software to catch malware when the file is saved to disk. I don’t use mail.com or Windows 7 these days, so I can’t make any more suggestions.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote