EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 4 May 2018, 06:56 PM   #1
jeffpan
Master of the @

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Email is not dead. But email IS changing.

There are over 6.32 billion email accounts accounts. This figure is predicted to reach 7.71 billion by 2021 which is a growth of more than 22% - Radicati Group (2017)
There are 3.7 billion email users worldwide who send and receive about 269 billion emails per day. - Radicatti Group (2017)

3,104,450,712 legitimate emails are sent every hour. - Internetlivestats (2018)

The number of email users is still growing. 72% of EU individuals aged 16 to 78 use internet to send / receive emails in 2017. Compare this to only 48% in 2007. – Eurostat “Individuals using the internet for sending/receiving e-mails” (2018)

https://www.emailisnotdead.com/
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 May 2018, 06:09 AM   #2
TenFour
Essential Contributor

Not sure why anyone thinks "email is dead." It remains the best digital medium for commerce and business communication. What other platform is so universal? You know most people have an email address.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 09:38 AM   #3
jeffpan
Master of the @

Representative of:
Mail.dnsbed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Not sure why anyone thinks "email is dead." It remains the best digital medium for commerce and business communication. What other platform is so universal? You know most people have an email address.
The comparison is IM (wechat, snapchat, whatsapp, telegram) and SNS (facebook etc).
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 07:59 PM   #4
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
The comparison is IM (wechat, snapchat, whatsapp, telegram) and SNS (facebook etc).
Sure most people have more then 1 email account...but thing is they dont use it.

Especialy young people (lets say under 30) PREFER to use IM like WA,Telegram or whatever messenger it is they use. I realy have a hard time if i send an email to younger people...they seldomly answer..!! Or ask me to send an IM..! So that says it all I think.

What I said before and keep saying is that most people do NOT use email anymore as a daily communication...except maybe work related...and even that is changing!! In many companies more and more whatsapp/Telegram channels are very common even in Hospitals and city councils. Email is loosing ground thats obvious.

In Germany (were i also lived nearly 5 years) even plain old snailmail letters (or fax) are prefered above emails!! This is NOT a joke.

Email more and more is for older people...lets say above 50.If you want to reach younger people you gottta do it with whatsapp/Telegram or any other IM system. Email is NOT the way to go.

my 2 cents.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 10:36 PM   #5
TenFour
Essential Contributor

It depends on what type of communication you are doing. Sure, personal comms with people you know well, messaging works great, but even then there are a multitude of different ways of doing it so often you have to fall back to plain old SMS. However, if you poll people, including young people, how they prefer to receive communications from businesses, associations, clubs, etc. email is the big leader by a huge margin.
Quote:
72% of consumers say that email is their favored conduit of communication with companies they do business with. 61% say they like to receive promotional emails weekly and 28% want them even more frequently. - MarketingSherpa (2015)

70% of consumers find email to be their #1 preferred channel for recieving commercial messages - CG Selections "Nationaal Email Onderzoek" (2017)
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote