EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 2011, 11:54 PM   #136
rabarberski
Master of the @

I've read up to page 4 of this thread.
This mail service must be a joke, no ?
Old 6 May 2011, 02:44 AM   #137
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabarberski View Post
I've read up to page 4 of this thread.
This mail service must be a joke, no ?
It might appear so, whether or not an intended one. And the irony of his apparently posting such a lengthy reply about spam to a spammer (whether or not knowingly) might hardly do much to alter that impression.
Old 6 May 2011, 04:05 AM   #138
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
I decided to give Ozymail another chance and I found that I need to put my credentials twice to login. When I go in Firefox 4.0.1 (Mac) to ozymail.com.au I see login screen with a cloudy blue background. I put my credentials in and it opens another login screen, this time in blue only (v.141f) with another login windows. After i put my credentials here and finally lets me to login to my mailbox. What is going on there?
Edit: just tried it in Firefox in Windows 7 and I got exctly the same problem.
I just logged in using all browsers and both log-in pages and all had no issues at all.
We separated the log-in and registration pages.
The home page log-in you provide only your username and password. The only reason you would have been taken to the blue screen log-in page is because you made an error with your log-in details which then would have taken you to the blue screen page where you need to place your whole email address and password.
Old 6 May 2011, 04:07 AM   #139
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
It might appear so, whether or not an intended one. And the irony of his apparently posting such a lengthy reply about spam to a spammer (whether or not knowingly) might hardly do much to alter that impression.
Spammers we don't want!
Old 6 May 2011, 04:18 AM   #140
rabarberski
Master of the @

Spam, spam, spam !!!!
(sorry, couldn't resist)
Old 6 May 2011, 04:24 AM   #141
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzySites View Post
Spammers we don't want!
And the irony which might seem lost on you is that you apparently don't know one when you see one.

However, the few here who may have had the patience to read through this entire tedious thread may not likely be too surprised by that.
Old 6 May 2011, 04:34 AM   #142
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
And He's Back!

Quote:
And the irony which might seem lost on you is that you apparently don't know one when you see one.
You must be one of the ones that had their account restricted for spamming as nobody holds on grudge like this about a service they know nothing about for no reason.

Quote:
However, the few here who may have had the patience to read through this entire tedious thread may not likely be too surprised by that.
All they would see is your constant repeatative negative feedback about a service you clearly know nothing about.

Welcome Back.

Last edited by OzySites : 6 May 2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 6 May 2011, 05:05 AM   #143
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzySites View Post
And He's Back!
In case you hadn't noticed, I haven't been the one here leaping at any excuse to make further posts about my own service, even going so far as posting a long-winded response to a spammer in the interest of self-promotion. But I suspect that the irony in that which seems to elude you is more than obvious to a few here.

Quote:
You must be one of the ones that had their account restricted for spamming as nobody holds on grudge like this about a service they know nothing about for no reason.
A grudge? Seriously, do you really think your service is even important enough that most members of this forum even remember it until you decide come back here to attempt a little more promotion?

Do you have any evidence to support your above unfounded allegation accusing me of spamming? Any at all?

If so, it might establish more credibility than you have here thus far. If not, then it simply appears to be yet another of your many unfounded accusations made in a lame attempt to discredit your service's critics -- even those of us with much more well-established credibility in this forum than you have, which only continues to further detract from your own credibility here.

But if you have any interest in the truth and really want to know, the last time I checked, I had no trouble logging into my account -- after you finally fixed your service's errors after first choosing to blame the problems I was having on me before even bothering to look into the issues I raised, before finally admitting the fault being with your service.

In fact, this is all well-documented in this thread for anyone who actually might have enough interest in this service to check. Now if only you had something to offer to back up your many unfounded allegations in this thread, again, that might give you some credibility here.

No, it's not a "grudge", but merely the many reports of problems with the service as reported by others here, my own personal experience with it, and the highly unprofessional attitude you have displayed here again and again which have primarily led to my opinion of this "service."

Quote:
All they would see is your constant repeatative negative feedback about a service you clearly know nothing about..
So you're saying that those of us who have reported problems with this service "know nothing about it" from our attempts to use it?

If so, then you merely seem to be continuing to display the same unprofessional attitude as you did earlier in this thread (and throughout it, actually), as I alluded to above.

What basis do you have for suggesting I know nothing about it? Other than by trying to actually use the service, what better means would you suggest potential users might have of knowing something about it?

Last edited by xmailer : 6 May 2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 6 May 2011, 06:43 AM   #144
Sherry

Moderator:

cococo, a moderator has already deleted your posts, more than once, where you were posting a link to someone else's web site. I have just deleted that same post AGAIN. Please refrain from continuing to post the same thing and please "stay on topic". Thank you.
Old 6 May 2011, 01:27 PM   #145
Shelded

Quote:
Again, while I still can't be certain of any "connection", as this thread has "progressed" (to perhaps use the term somewhat loosely), the apparent attitude of the Ozymail representative here has only continued to remind me more and more of that of the proprietor(s) of a couple of other short-lived services which were promoted in these forums some time ago which I alluded to in my first post to this thread.

And I know that, except for the "branding" and minor cosmetic differences, one of more such services used what appears to me exactly the same webmail interface. And while, despite what OzySites might seem to want to believe, I don't particularly wish any ill fortune on the Ozymail service, based on everything I've seen of it and everything said by its rep here, in all honesty I do expect this service to be just as short-lived, just as much of a proverbial "flash in the pan."
I agree with xmailer. The modus operandi (that's more latin, OzyPhil) of the fellow was to put up a cheap site, collect a few dollars in subscriptions, and then to disappear. This smells exactly the same to me, but I think it is a different person.

The spelling was better on those sites which xmailer and I remember. There are spelling errors on the home page of this service!! However, I am guessing that Phil is a native speaker of French, and so we might be somewhat understanding.

BTW, what developer nowadays does not try their site first thing with IE, FF, and Chrome? Well, this one says he did not try FF nor Chrome.

The IP address of the service is now 199.16.153.67 and according to Ozy Phil it was 199.16.154.145 on April 6. Is this service not running on a dedicated IP? (Warning sign, is this running on someone's home cable account?) It also hosts http://snowflakecollectibleart.com/ which seems to be a duplicate of the main site (how professional).

If any prosepective subscriber feels like trying this on a lark, go ahead but realize this does not sound on the up and up.

Last edited by Shelded : 6 May 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 6 May 2011, 01:30 PM   #146
Shelded

Moderator: Obviously several moderators have posted in this thread and are watching it. Can you primary posters find something nicer to do? I am just <this close> to closing the thread. Welcome to EmailDiscussions OzySites, but keep things bright and cheery from now on and you will find a different reception here.
Old 6 May 2011, 01:58 PM   #147
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelded View Post
The IP address of the service is now 199.16.153.67 and according to Ozy Phil it was 199.16.154.145 on April 6. Is this service not running on a dedicated IP? (Warning sign, is this running on someone's home cable account?) It also hosts http://snowflakecollectibleart.com/ which seems to be a duplicate of the main site (how professional).
How or where you see that we are hosting taht website what ever it may be is way beyond us.

I have no idea where you get your info from but PLEASE refrain yourself from accusing us of things that are not only NOT TRUE but have never been and currently don't exist.

As for being a dedicated IP it most certianly is and if you read the earlier posts you will find there a mention about that. No home PC involved as you stated. We run dedicated servers. As for this so called OzyPhil (Nothing to do with us,,never has and never will).

It's one thing going on about nothing like Emailer does but it's another when you go and post false accusations about someone you know nothing about.

As for Emailers rubbish stories well thier has to be one in every crowd and hes chosen to be it. (Calling us spammers just to keep this post alive when and the facts are their,, All we have even done is answer/reply to posts left from others) he's just happen to be the majority of them.

Last edited by OzySites : 6 May 2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 6 May 2011, 02:23 PM   #148
Shelded

What I do know is that your IP changed. You make up whatever reason you like. I didn't say you were a home cable account, I warned people to be aware of the possibility that you may be.

And I do know that if you visit the link indicated it displays your web site. It's on the same server. You didn't try it (it is true).

I said nothing I didn't know.

This has nothing to do with Xmailer or spam.
Old 6 May 2011, 02:32 PM   #149
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Moderator: Obviously several moderators have posted in this thread and are watching it. Can you primary posters find something nicer to do? I am just <this close> to closing the thread. Welcome to EmailDiscussions OzySites, but keep things bright and cheery from now on and you will find a different reception here.
Glad to if these replies would just stop making false statemants about us.

I agree this thread has gone way out of topic and quite honestly discusses use here at OzyMail as we joined in good faith which has been taken way out of our control by a couple of members making sure this topic goes nowhere.

At least if you close it down others will not have to read the rubbish which is being posted about us as it's just no stop and quite honestly a disgrace.

We are happy to help thse with issues but to have to put up with the rubbish that gets posted by 1 poster which constant going on's about nothing is a shame as it has turned us away from this forum, where we wanted to make this our main forum for our email service.

So Please do me the favour of closing it down.
Old 6 May 2011, 02:36 PM   #150
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
What I do know is that your IP changed. You make up whatever reason you like. I didn't say you were a home cable account, I warned people to be aware of the possibility that you may be.

And I do know that if you visit the link indicated it displays your web site. It's on the same server. You didn't try it (it is true).
I just tried this link and it does lead to us,TRUE,, however this is extremely baffling as we don't even own that domain name nor is that domain on our server.

I will check this out now and get back to ya. For finding this I do thank you.
Closed Thread